VitaMESH™ Macroporous PP Surgical Mesh
VitaMESH™ Macroporous PP Surgical Mesh is an implant suitable for different types of fascial defects. VitaMESH provides the favourable ingrowth and healed strength characteristics of a large pore monofilament polypropylene mesh with optimised handling and biocompatibility attributes in one high performance implant of condensed polypropylene (cPP).
- Transparent open pore structure facilitating fast incorporation and visualization of underlying tissue structures¹
- Up to 80% reduction in thickness and a low coefficient of friction over predicate devices improving ease of use and trocar deployment
- Macroporous open pore structure promoting rapid healing and dense collagen formation¹
- Thin wall structure with less material for reducing scar tissue build up and minimizing patient discomfort
- Uniformly strong and durable cPP material maintains consistent levels of strength while avoiding the problems associated with composite meshes¹³
- Surface area and void area reduction for improving healing and biocompatibility²
¹ Bench testing at Proxy Biomedical Limited – data on file.
² Klinge, U. et al, “Foreign body reaction to meshes used for the repair of abdominal wall hernias,” Eur J Surg (1999); 165: 665-773.
³ Scheidbach, H et al, “In vivo studies comparing the biocompatibility fo various polypropylene meshes and their handling properties during endoscopic total extraperitoneal (TEP) patchplasty,” Surg Endosc (2004) 18: 211-220.